Frequently Asked Questions
Got a question or a doubt? We’ve got the answers right here.
1. What is RentoMojo?
We’re an online rental company and we’re here to offer you easy access to a smarter & better lifestyle. Our services let you rent lifestyle essentials like furniture, appliances and more at affordable prices. Renting is IN, and you too can join the revolution by making the smart choice with RentoMojo.
2. Where do you guys operate?
We’re currently operational in eight cities: Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Hyderabad & Chennai.
3. Is there any minimum period of renting the furniture and appliances?
Yes, there is a minimum renting period of 3 months. The period can be extended further by contacting our customer care team 2 weeks prior to the end of the contract. We don't charge anything for contract extension. For more information on the same, you can contact our customer care. We are always happy to help you :)
4. Why do I have to a pay deposit for the furniture?
On booking confirmation, a fixed minimal amount is collected as a security deposit. However, this is fully refundable to the customers if the products are returned in a good condition.
5. I am a house owner, how can I benefit from these plans?
Furnished apartments demand a premium when compared to unfurnished. If you want to turn your unfurnished apartment into a Furnished one without spending much,choose one or more of our packages.
6. Can I purchase the furniture?
Yes, of course! With our smart Rent2Own feature, you can rent to try our products and later, decide to purchase and own them. This is applicable on all RentoMojo furniture, appliances and bikes on a minimum rental tenure of 12 months. If you wish to purchase any of our products or know more about Rent2Own, please get in touch with our support team on 1860-121-1233 (10 AM - 8 PM).
Delivery & Installation
1. Do I have to pay for delivery and installation?
Not at all. That's right! we deliver, pick up and install the products absolutely free of cost and as per your schedule. Our delivery staff will discuss with you, placement of the products as per your preference and install accordingly. In case delivery has to be made at a location without an elevator, there will be a nominal labour fee charged to convey the products which will be collected in cash at the time of delivery; the amount will vary basis order size and floor level.
2. What is the delivery time of the order?
After you successfully make the payment and place your order, our team will reach out to you for document submission. Post submission of all the required documents, our team will take up to 3 working days to verify your profile. Once verified, we will deliver your order within 48-72 hours. Please note that this timeline may vary depending on comprehensiveness of the documents.
Rental Process & Tenure
1. How do I learn more about a product?
In case you have questions about a product, please write to our customer care and we will get back to you within 24 hours. You can also chat with us between 9 AM to 8 PM on our website by using the chat option.
2. How do I pay my deposit and rent?
Payments are super convenient with RentoMojo. You can pay the security deposit while placing your order via debit card/ credit card/ netbanking. For your monthly rent, we will send a link to your registered email ID and you can pay via your dashboard. You may also connect your credit card or opt for NACH payment, where the rental amount will be auto-deducted every month from your account. It’s a very simple and safe process helping you avoid any payment hassles.
3. What is the rental value I pay and when do I pay it?
Its simple! Select the products you like and you will see the total rental value in your cart. Rent is due on the 1st of every month and can be paid online through your RentoMojo dashboard. Your first & last month's rent is calculated on a pro-rata basis from the date of delivery. Billing cycle is 1st to last of that month.
4. Is there any contract? What are the terms?
We have a simple contract that you need to sign when the products arrive at your home. Contract includes basic terms of renting, payment, refund and damage policy. You can read more about it here
5. What documents are required to get into the contract?
For our easy KYC process we require the below mentioned documents at the time of signing the contract.
Photo ID proof(any one):Passport/PAN Card / Driving License / Aadhar Card.
Address proof (Any one) : House rental agreement / Address proof on company letterhead / Govt. issued proof / Bank Statement
NOC from the owner if you are living in rented house.
Yes, the document submission is mandatory. Rest assured, your details are safe with us :)
6. What are the available modes of payment?
You can pay us through net banking/credit card/debit card/payment wallet.
7. What if I damage the furniture?
Damage which makes the furniture functionally unusable is chargeable. The amount will be decided by RentoMojo on a case to case basis. Normal wear and tear which does not cause functional damage to the products due to usage is absolutely free .
8. In case I’m moving, is there a relocation cost to move your products?
During the tenure of contract if you are relocating within the same city, we will relocate the rented products from RentoMojo free of cost. Just inform us 7 days and we will close your order and deliver the same products in the new city you are going in.
9. What happens if I want an early termination or extension of my tenure?
You can request for early termination of the contract by informing us 2 weeks prior to your preferred closure date. You would need to pay the difference in monthly rental rates between your 'Contract tenure' (the tenure selected at order placement) and 'Actual tenure' (effective tenure at early closure). The amount due will be calculated as: (Actual tenure rent - Contract tenure rent) * No. of months of actual tenure. The applicable tenure rates for early closure are:
Upto 3 month's: Full 3 month's rental due
3-6 month's: 3 month's rental rate
6-9 month's: 6 month's rental rate
9-12 month's: 9 month's rental rate
12-18th month's: 12 month's rental rate
18-24 month's: 18 month's rental rate
Similarly, the contract for your order/one or more items from the order can be extended for the desired period by notifying us 2 weeks prior to the end of the contract.Similarly, the contract can be extended for the desired period by notifying us 2 weeks prior to the end of the contract.
Refunds & Returns
1. What happens when my lease expires?
We will call you one week prior to the scheduled end date of the contract to fix the pick-up date and time. If you choose to keep your furniture for longer than the agreed tenure or return it before the agreed date due to some reasons, you can mail us one week in advance. The pick up of the products is absolutely free.
2. When do I get my deposit back?
We will pick up the products on the completion of your rental tenure, and upon successful Quality Check, we will immediately initiate the refund of your security deposit to your registered bank account in 5 working days. No interest is paid on the deposit amount.
3. What is the return policy?
In an unlikely situation of damaged furniture arriving at your doorstep but if it is damaged, we won't ask any questions and take the furniture back with us. You can read more about it following this here.
4. What if I don't like the product at the time of delivery?
We make sure all the products are new or almost new when they reach without compromise on quality. There are a series of stringent quality checks that are undertaken on every piece of furniture before delivery. However, if you don’t like the products at the time of delivery - there will be no questions asked. Love it or return it!
1. Which cities is RentoMojo Men’s Apparel available in?
We’re currently operational in Bangalore. While we are planning to expand RentoMojo Men’s Apparel to more cities, keep checking this space for updates.
2. How does RentoMojo Men’s Apparel work?
It’s simpler than you can imagine!
- Select: Choose 10 shirts of your style from our vast catalog of designs
- Book: Pay the deposit and rent for a month’s subscription of 20 shirts
- Verification: Post payment, we’ll do a quick verification of your profile
- Delivery: Once verified, we’ll deliver your box of 10 shirts within 2-3 days
- Refresh: After 10 days of the delivery of your first box, create your next box of 10 shirts for the remaining subscription period
- Pick-up & delivery: We’ll pick-up your previous box and deliver the new box of fresh shirts
- Renew: Before your monthly subscription ends, you can renew and continue receiving fresh shirts by paying only the next month’s rent
3. Is there a minimum period for subscribing to RentoMojo Men’s Apparel?
Yes, there is a minimum subscription period of 1 month. The period can be extended further by renewing your monthly subscription before the end of the tenure by paying the next month’s rent.
4. Can I buy the shirts I subscribe from RentoMojo Men’s Apparel?
Currently, our RentoMojo Men’s Apparel subscription model does not have the option of buying the shirts.
5. How do you maintain freshness and hygiene of the products?
At RentoMojo, we truly care about quality because therein lies your happiness! All our clothing products go through a stringent quality and hygiene check:
- Dry-clean: Our top-of-the-line laundry professionals use dry-cleaning with bleach-free detergents to keep the clothes germ-free and as good as new, always!
- Steam iron: To keep the fabric healthy and intact, we use steam iron instead of dry iron to get the wrinkles out and get the shirts ready to wear.
- Boxed: Each shirt that you chose is meticulously folded, readied and put in your RentoMojo Apparel box to be delivered to you.
At every stage, our quality and hygiene experts do a thorough check on size, condition, and quantity to ensure that every single shirt you put on is fresh, ironed and ready to wear.
6. What categories do you offer in your subscription boxes?
At present, RentoMojo Men’s Apparel offers topwear including formal shirts, casual shirts, polo T-shirts and round neck T-shirts.
7. What are the brands of the shirts in your collection?
We’ve handpicked every shirt in our RentoMojo Men’s Apparel collection from high-quality, reputable brands. Each shirt has been curated based on factors ranging from design to fabric—to build a collection that represents style, comfort and quality.
8. Why should I subscribe to a RentoMojo box?
- fresh, laundered, ironed shirts
- to try new designs everyday
- designer shirts at affordable prices
- to feel your confidence soar higher!
9. Who selects the shirts for my RentoMojo box?
You do! With our vast collection of shirts, experience the power of choice. Choose the shirts of your preference and style, and add them to your subscription box!
10. I have just subscribed to RentoMojo Men’s Apparel. How long will delivery take?
After you have subscribed to RentoMojo Men’s Apparel and made the payment, we will do a quick verification of your profile. Once your profile is verified, we’ll deliver your RentoMojo box within 2-3 working days.
11. How many shirts do I get in one box?
Every RentoMojo box contains 10 fresh, laundered and ironed shirts of your choice and style.
12. Why do I have to pay a deposit amount?
A fixed minimal amount is collected as security deposit on your RentoMojo Men’s Apparel subscription. This amount is fully refundable if the shirts are returned to us in good condition.
13. Do I have to pay a deposit amount every month?
Not at all! If you renew your subscription, the only payment you’ll be required to make is the monthly rent to continue receiving fresh and ready-to-wear shirts.
14. When will RentoMojo pick-up my box?
Our team will pick-up your box after 15 days of its delivery.
15. Will delivery and pick-up happen on the same day?
Yes, our team will pick-up your previous box and delivery a fresh box on the same day, same time!
16. How do I schedule my delivery and pick-up?
Our team will call you to schedule your box delivery and pick-up based on your availability and preference.
17. Do I have to pay for delivery and pick-up?
Not at all. Our team will handle the delivery and pick-up of your RentoMojo boxes, free of cost!
18. How long can I keep a box with me?
You can keep one RentoMojo box for 15 days, post which we’ll pick-up the previous box and deliver a new box of fresh, ironed shirts.
19. Can I keep a box for longer than my subscription?
No, you have to return your box after 15 days of delivery. However, if you like a shirt and want to wear it again, you can choose the same style again for your next box (depending on availability) and we’ll deliver it to you!
20. Can I keep a few shirts as part of my refresh box?
Not exactly. While we love that you want to keep the shirts of your choice, we don’t want you to do all the laundry and ironing. Just add the same shirt(s) from our catalog while creating your next box online and we’ll deliver them to you fresh, laundered and ironed!
21. Do I need to wash/ iron the clothes before or after using?
Not at all! All our shirts go through a stringent 4-step hygiene process before reaching you to ensure that you receive fresh, ironed and ready-to-wear clothes. Nor do you need to wash or iron the clothes after you wear them as we’ll take care of it all post pick-up!
22. What are your measurement standards?
We love a well-fitted shirt as much as you do! Please refer to the size guide to understand your size and exact measurements.
23. Can I alter the shirts to fit me?
No, any alteration to our products will result in a deduction from your security deposit. To ensure a perfect fit, refer to the size guide given for each product.
24. What if the delivered box does not fit my measurements?
Every RentoMojo box is checked in a stringent manner for quality, quantity and size. In the rare event that you receive a box with shirts of the wrong size, please notify us within 7 days of getting the delivery by writing to us on email@example.com or call us on 1860-121-1233 (10 AM - 8 PM) and our team will resolve the matter at the earliest.
25. Can I cancel my subscription?
Yes, you can cancel an order anytime before we scheduled its delivery. We’ll refund the amount paid by you in the form of RentoMoney that will reflect in your dashboard. You can use RentoMoney to redeem on renting any of our products.
26. How long does your refund process take?
You will receive refund as RentoMoney within 7-10 working days from the time of order cancellation.
27. What do I do if I lose/ stain/ damage a shirt?
After pick-up of your box, our team does a thorough quality-check. In the unfortunate case that you lost/ stained/ damaged a shirt, an amount will be deducted from your security deposit.
28. Is there a penalty on late returns?
If you return the first box of your monthly subscription after 21 days of its delivery, there will be no penalty but your first box will be considered as your refresh box and we will not deliver another box for the rest of the subscription period.
If you return your refresh box after 21 days of its delivery, there will be a penalty, which will be deducted from your security deposit.
29. Do I need to submit any documents to subscribe?
Yes. After you book your RentoMojo Men’s Apparel subscription, your profile will have to be approved with a quick verification. For an easy KYC process, we require details including but not limited to:
- PAN card
- Photo ID proof: Passport/ Driving License/ Aadhar Card
- Social proof: Facebook and LinkedIn
- Alternate contact number
- For salaried individuals: Proof of employment (Company name and email ID)
- For self-employed individuals: Current address proof, business registration certificate and GST certificate
- For students: Nominee and college details
- For homemakers/ housewives: Nominee details
30. What methods of payment do you accept?
You can pay for your RentoMojo Men’s Apparel subscription via net banking/ credit card/ debit card/ UPI/ payment wallet.
1. Which cities are smartphones, smart devices and laptops available in?
We’re currently operational in Bangalore, Delhi, Gurgaon, Mumbai and Noida. While we are planning to expand smartphones, smart devices and laptops to more cities, keep checking this space for updates.
2. Is there a minimum period for subscribing?
Yes, there is a minimum subscription period of 6 months. The period can be extended further by booking another subscription. Please reach out to our representatives on 1860-121-1233 (10 AM - 8 PM) to know more.
3. Can I buy the products I subscribe from RentoMojo?
Yes, our smartphones, smart devices and laptops come with our exclusive Rent To Own feature, where you can buy the product after your subscription period ends.
4. Will I be receiving a brand new phone?
RentoMojo ensures the highest level of quality and functionality of the products you rent from us, in a condition that is as good as new!
5. Will I get accessories along with the product?
As part of your RentoMojo subscription, you’ll receive basic accessories with your product:
- 1.Smartphones: Charger and SIM eject pin
- 2.Smart Devices: Charger and cable
- 3.Laptops: Power adapter and battery
6. Can I upgrade/ swap the rented products?
No, but you can close your subscription and place a new order for the product you’d like to rent and upgrade to. However, please note that this may incur additional charges.
7. I am moving out of the city. Can I relocate the product with me?
Unfortunately, not. We suggest that you close your subscription and place a new subscription order for the product in the new city, subject to availability. In case of early closure of subscription, you will be liable to pay additional charges.
8. Why do I have to pay a deposit amount?
A fixed minimal amount is collected as security deposit on your RentoMojo subscription. This amount is fully refundable if the products are returned to us in good condition.
9. I have just subscribed to a RentoMojo product. How long will delivery take?
After you have subscribed and made the payment, we will do a quick verification of your profile. Once your profile is verified, we’ll deliver your product within 2-3 working days.
10. How do I schedule my delivery?
Once your profile is verified, our team will call you to schedule the delivery of your product based on your availability and preference.
11. Do I have to pay for delivery?
Not at all. Our team will handle the delivery of your RentoMojo product, free of cost!
12. Do I need to install/ uninstall any applications before or after using the products?
Yes, you can install/ uninstall apps on the product as long as it does not affect its functionality or usability. However, we highly recommend uninstalling any app that you’ve installed during the subscription period before returning the product to RentoMojo.
13. What if I’m not happy with the product delivered?
Every RentoMojo product is checked in a stringent manner to ensure its functionality and quality. In the rare event that you receive a wrong/ damaged product, please raise the issue at the time of delivery and we’ll arrange for a replacement, free of cost. In case of minor damage(s) notified at the time of delivery, our team will record its photo and description on the delivery receipt.
14. Can I cancel/ close my subscription?
You can cancel an order anytime before we scheduled its delivery. We’ll refund the amount paid by you in the form of RentoMoney that will reflect in your dashboard, which you can redeem on renting any of our products.
Once the tenure begins, you have the option of closing your subscription subject to the incurrence of early closure charges. You may request to close the subscription 2 (two) weeks prior to the closure date. Please reach out to our representatives on 1860-121-1233 (10 AM - 8 PM) or go to your RentoMojo dashboard to close your subscription.
15. What is your refund process?
Once your subscription is closed, our team will review and check the received product for any internal/ external damage. If the product is found to have its functionality and quality intact, we’ll initiate the refund process. In the case of damages or pending rental dues, an amount will be deducted from your security deposit.
16. When will I receive my deposit refund?
Refund is initiated once your subscription is closed and will be processed within 15-21 working days.
17. Do I need to submit any documents to subscribe?
Yes. After you place your RentoMojo order, your profile will have to be approved with a quick verification. For an easy KYC process, we require details including but not limited to:
- 1.PAN Card
- 2.Photo ID proof: Passport/ Driving License/ Aadhar Card
- 3.Social proof: Facebook and LinkedIn
- 4.Alternate contact number
- 5.For salaried individuals: Proof of employment (Company name and email ID)
- 6.For self-employed individuals: Current address proof, business registration certificate and GST certificate
- 7.For students: Nominee and college details
- 8.For homemakers/ housewives: Nominee details
18. Can someone else subscribe on my behalf or vice-versa?
No, we only accept orders placed by the person who will be using the product.
19. What methods of payment do you accept?
You can pay for your RentoMojo rental subscription via net banking/ credit card/ debit card/ UPI/ payment wallet.
20. Is there a penalty on late payments?
Yes, any payment made after the due date will incur a late fee, calculated on your rental amount. After the due date, you will be charged:
- 1.10% on the 11th day of the month
- 2.Additional 5% on the 18th day of the month
- 3.Additional 5% on the 25th day of the month
21. How safe is my data?
All your data recorded in your rented product will always remain safe. Before returning the product at the end of your subscription tenure, please ensure that you backup/ store your data (contacts, images, audio, videos, files, software and passwords) elsewhere. In case you forget to delete it, our team will format the product on receiving it at our warehouse and all your data will be irretrievable.
22. What do I do if the product gets lost/ damaged or starts malfunctioning?
Any damage to the rented product will incur charges of up to the existing market value of the product, at the time of such damage being detected by our representatives. Damages include but are not limited to:
- 1.dents, scratches, breakage, chipping
- 2.cracked display
- 3.exposure to liquid/ dampness/ moisture/ sand
- 4.hardware and software tampering including jailbreak, rooting, unlocking boot ROM
- 5.bending of the frame/ modifications
- 6.unauthorized repairs
- 7.tampering of the serial number
- 8.malware installation
- any other cause not arising due to manufacturing defect of the product
In case the rented product is lost/ misplaced/ stolen, notify us immediately via email or call, and file an FIR with the jurisdictional police station and share a copy of it with RentoMojo. You may choose to either file the FIR on your own or assist us in filing it. You will, however, have to pay a penalty amounting to the existing market value of the product, at the time of such incident being notified.
23. My rented product needs servicing. What do I do?
Please notify RentoMojo via call or email if you detect the need for servicing. RentoMojo will assist in resolving the issue over call/ email. In case the issue is not resolved, we’ll send a representative within 2-5 days from the date you raised the issue to assess the service requirement. If not resolved by the representative, the product will be picked up and we’ll deliver a temporary basic product during the servicing period. Once the original product is repaired, we’ll deliver it to you and pick-up the temporary product. However, you will be liable to pay for any quality assessment check (QC) or service charges incurred by RentoMojo for the service. In case of manufacturing defect, you will not be held liable to pay the charges for the service.
We strongly recommend that you backup/ store your data (contacts, images, audio, videos, files, software and passwords) elsewhere as the product servicing may lead to deletion of data and reformatting of the device.
24. Can I rent more than one product?
No, you can only subscribe to one smartphone/ smart device/ laptop rental at a time.
1. Is there a minimum or maximum lease tenure?
You can get our two-wheelers on lease for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 36 months. However, if you wish to change your tenure after placing the order, our flexi-tenure options allow you to extend or close your tenure whenever you want.
2. Do I have to return the vehicle to the same location where I picked it up?
We offer free delivery and pick up from the location of the customer.
3. What documents do I need to submit at the time of placing the order with Rentomojo?
You need to provide these simple documents to successfully place your order with us:
- 1.Driving license
- 2.Current address proof
- 3.Permanent address proof
- 4.Lease rental agreement
Additionally, we might need additional documents to process your order smoothly. We will contact you about the same if required.
4. I am less than 20 years old? Can I take the bike on lease?
Unfortunately, you cannot get our vehicles on lease unless you are minimum 20 years of age.
5. Is there a km limit to how much I can drive?
Yes, you can ride up to 1,200 km per month, beyond which, there is a nominal charge of Rs. 0.1/ km. per month.
6. What happens if the vehicle is involved in any traffic violations such as parking/moving, driving without helmets, wrong side driving, etc.?
For any accidents, traffic violations or related issues, you will be responsible for damage costs, legal fees (if any) and other related costs such as towing costs.
7. Is there a deposit?
Yes, we charge a nominal security deposit to secure against damages, if any.
8. Do I need to be present at the time of delivery of bike?
Yes, you will need to be present at the time of delivery.
9. Is the bike insured or do I have to pay for the insurance?
Each bike is comprehensively insured so you can have a hassle free ride!
10. Once I place my order, when will the bike get delivered to me?
After you successfully make the payment and place your order, our team will reach out to you for document submission. Post submission of all the required documents, our team will take up to 3 working days to verify your profile. Once verified, we will deliver your two-wheeler within 48-72 hours. Please note that this timeline may vary depending on comprehensiveness of the documents.
11. What happens if I return the bike late?
The lessee will need to pay an additional lease rental on a pro rata basis for the additional no. of days/ months the bike is used. Please refer to the detailed terms.
12. Will the vehicle be registered in my name?
Depending on the state laws in your state, the bike may be registered in your name. You will, however, be responsible for third party accidents/claims on the bike.